Data protection declaration
Thank you for visiting us!
1. Information on the gathering of personal data and provider identification
(1) Below we describe the way in which we collect personal data when you use this website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you, such as your name, address and e-mail address and your user behaviour.
(2) The service provider as per section 13 German Teleservices Act (TMG) and data controller as per section 3 para. 7 Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is sera GmbH. See also our Legal Information section.
2. Your Rights to Information and to Withdrawal of Consent
(1) You are entitled to request information from us at any time about the information we store about you and about its origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom this data is passed and the purpose of storing it.
(2) If you have given us your consent to use your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
(3) Please address all requests or queries for information or objections to our processing of your data by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address given in the Legal Information section.
3. Data Security
We maintain up-to-date technical practices to assure data security, and in particular to protect your personal data from risks during data transfers and from attempts to access that data by third parties. These practices are continually adapted to the level of the current state of the art technology.
4. Collection of Personal Data for Informational Use
(1) If you use the website for solely informational purposes, i.e. when you do not log in to the site to use it, register or pass us information in any other way, we do not collect any personal data other than the data that your browser sends us in order to enable you to visit the site. This is:
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted
- The website from which the request came
- Browser type
- Operating system and its user interface
- Language and version of browser software.
(2) Additionally, when you use the website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser you use and through which specific information flows to the location specified in the cookie (i.e. to us in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs and cannot infect your computer with viruses. They serve the purpose of making the internet offering more user-friendly and effective to use.
You can alter the security settings of your browser at any time to delete the cookies. You can configure your browser settings to suit your preferences, such as to prevent any cookies being stored. We would point out, however, that if you choose this option, you may not be able to use all the functions of the website.
5. Use of the Functions of our Website
(1) In addition to the use of our website purely for information, we offer various services that you may use if you wish.
To do so, you must normally provide further personal data, which we then use to provide the service you wish to use. Where it is possible to voluntarily add further information, these elements are marked accordingly.
(2) If you contact the service provider by e-mail or use the contact form, your e-mail address together with your name and telephone number (if provided) are stored by us so that we can answer your query.
6. Passing of Data to Third Parties
(1) We may pass your personal data to third parties when we run campaigns or competitions or make bookings or conclude contracts with a third-party provider. In such cases we will inform you specifically before passing on your data of our intention to pass it to the third party.
(2) Sometimes we use external service providers to process your data for us. Such providers are chosen carefully and commissioned by us in writing. They are bound to act on our instructions and are inspected by us regularly. These service providers will not pass the data to any third parties.
7. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the site. The information obtained via the cookie about your use of this website is generally transferred to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymity has been activated on this website, your IP address will however be shortened beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states that are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional circumstances will your full IP address then be sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about website activity and to provide other services associated with internet and website use in respect of the website operators.
(2) The IP address communicated by your browser in relation to Google Analytics is not
linked to other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; we would point out, however, that if you do so, you may not be able to make full use of all the functionality of our website.
(4) You can additionally prevent the data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) being collected by Google and its being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
You can also prevent Google Analytics collecting the data by creating an ‘opt-out cookie’ that will disable any future capture of your data when you visit this website. To set an opt-out cookie, click the following link: Disable Google Analytics
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This ensures that IP addresses are processed in a shortened form that prevents the possibility of any direct linking to a person.
(6) The use of Google Analytics takes place in conformity with the conditions to which the German data protection authorities have agreed with Google. Information provided by the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data protection overview:
http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and data privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.